It is possible to start your lease with the information from your rental applications. Once your rental application is signed and accepted, it is possible to add the relevant information directly to your lease.
Click on “Create a new lease”, located in your “My Leases” dashboard. Fill out all the sections of your new lease.
- Landlord Information: enter your information
- Tenant Information: fill in your Tenant’s information
- A maximum of 4 tenants may be registered in the lease
- Enter the current address of the Tenant
- WARNING: e-mail is essential for the electronic signature request
- Fill in the information of the rental dwelling
- Accessories and dependencies
- Specify the term of the lease
- Enter the amount of the rent and the terms of payment
- Specify services and conditionsNOTE: It is possible to use the CORPIQ regulations model and deselect irrelevant clauses and easily add new clauses. It is also possible to upload your own regulations.
- Specify the details of a new construction or change of use
- Specify the lowest rent for the last 12 months
- Preparation for signature and Guarantor
- If necessary, enter the name of the spouse(s)
- Complete the necessary elements of the annex
- Adding documents to the leaseWARNING the documents must be in pdf format.If necessary, obtain the required signatures on your documents before uploading them.
- Please review and ensure that all information is correct.WARNING this is your last chance to make changes.
Production of the lease
- Check the availability of credits to generate the lease
- It is possible for you to top up your credits at this stageWARNING: Once generated it is no longer possible to make changes and no refund will be possible.
Have the lease signed
- There are two methods of signing the lease:
- The handwritten signature, once your lease is concluded, it is possible to print it and then obtain the signature(s)of the tenant(s).
- The electronic signature, to avoidhaving to go back and forth or travel, we give you the opportunity to sign it electronically. The process of signing digital documents with the Notarius’ solution is compliant and accepted by the Tribunal administratif du logement.
The final step is the production of the Lease. This stage produces the final lease with all signatures.
When a lease is created, it is saved automatically each time it is modified. It is therefore possible to return to your lease in progress at any time.
It is possible to delete a lease before it is generated. Use the small bin icon at the top right of the screen in the lease.
We have taken all measures to ensure compliance with the law at the time of the production and signing of your leases. Our official lease form is obtained directly and authorized by Publication Québec. The signature verified and certified by our partner Notarius ensures the legal reliability of the signature of your lease by meeting the highest standards in the industry.
When you fill out Section E of the lease, it is possible to select the model building regulations proposed by CORPIQ or to upload your own version. If you select the proposed model, you can make adjustments to the clauses provided (ex: remove the laundry clause). It is also possible to add your own clauses.
Yes, it is possible to upload the following documents:
• Building regulations
• Co-ownership regulations
• Other Annex(es)
• Other document(s)
NOTE: If necessary, obtain the required signatures on your documents before uploading them.
We accept pdf files up to 8MB per document.
If the document you want to upload is too large, we recommend that you reduce the size of it before uploading it.
Many tools exist on the market to reduce the size of your documents. You can use this online one I Love pdf for example.
When using ProprioLocation several e-mails are sent by the system. It is possible that the e-mails arrive in the junk mailbox. Please make sure to check the inbox, junk and other SPAM mailboxes.
A printed black and white lease will never be invalid; however, it is strongly recommended to print it in color. The lease will always be legal regardless of color, but the idea is to respect the intention of the lawmakers when parts of the lease have been designed in color and will not be as obvious in black and white.
If your lease has been generated, it will not be possible to change the email address on the lease; however, you will be able to change it for one or more signatories who had an email address at the time the lease was generated.
To do so, nothing could be easier:
1. Go to the lease management tool
2. Press the button with the pencil icon on the left next to the signatories’ email addresses
3. Modify the concerned email address
4. Press the paper airplane icon to send the lease to the new email address
5. That’s it, the signatory will receive the lease at his or her new email address
A lease is a contract between several parties. In order for it to be valid, it must be the same for all signatories.
Therefore, when reviewing your lease, we ask you to choose the language in which the lease will be generated.
Your tenant(s) will therefore all receive the lease in the language you have chosen beforehand.
You must have an Internet connection to properly save the information on a lease; otherwise, we will not be able to save the data for the production and sending of your lease.
In order to be in good standing with Publications Québec regarding the use of their model and thus be in legality with the Tribunal administratif du logement, we must respect the spaces provided for this purpose on the lease.
To facilitate the filling process, we highlight the number of possible characters and some tips to have an optimal display on the lease:
Take advantage of the time when you revise your lease to check that all your texts appear correctly. If this is not the case, you have probably exceeded the number of characters.
To avoid this situation, we recommend that you adapt your content to be as short and precise as possible.
If you want to save some space, some contractions can be allowed, for example: two –> 2.
Purchase of credits and user fees
For generating an electronic lease, the regular price is $7.49 / lease
Introductory price: $4.49 / lease for a limited period
Special volume prices
• 50 leases (12% discount) – $329.56 ($6.59 / lease)
• 100 leases (18% discount) – $614.18 ($6.14 / lease)
• 250 leases (36% discount) – $1160.95 ($4.64 / lease)
If you are a CORPIQ member, you get a 40% discount on the regular price.
CORPIQ’s Electronic Lease is in conformity with the one imposed by the Tribunal administratif du logement. Certain fees are required to validate the authenticity of the product. For example, fees are charged by Publications du Québec since this is the official lease ($1.99 per lease) and copyrights are collected by the Government of Québec. The Notarius electronic signature, service fees (technical support and online publishing), as well as transaction fees (credit cards and financial fees) are also included in the total price.
Integrated system fees
The fees for the integrated system (platform fees, automatic transfer of information from the Rental Application to the Electronic Lease) and CORPIQ’s exclusive documents (annexes and Building regulations) are also included in the total amount of $7.49. However, CORPIQ members do not have to pay the integrated system fees.
When producing a lease, it is possible to purchase credits for the creation of the lease. The “shopping cart” icon at the top of the screen also allows you to access the credit purchase page at any time.
Check the ProprioLocation website for current offers.
Credits purchased do not have an expiry date.
Credits can be refunded. Please make your request in writing to email@example.com with the details of your request and a copy of your invoice. Please allow 48 to 72 hours for your refund to be processed.
In your profile, you will find a section to purchase leases and view your purchase history.
Yes, the fees are the same when producing a paper lease or an electronic signature.
Lease status and electronic signature
In the dashboard it is possible to follow the process of tenant signatures in real-time. The different statuses of a lease can be: in production, awaiting signature, signed, to be concluded, concluded.
Once signed by the tenants you will have to conclude the lease in order to sign it and produce the final version.
Keep in mind that Article 1895 of the Civil Code of Québec recalls that “The lessor is required, within 10 days of the conclusion of the lease, to give a copy of the lease to the lessee”.
1. In production: a lease in production
2. Awaiting X signature(s): a lease has been produced and is awaiting signature(s)
3. Signed: the lease has been signed by all parties except you (tenant and endorser)
4. To be concluded: the lease requires your attention in order to produce the final version
5. Concluded: the lease is produced and finalized
An electronic signature guarantees the origin, integrity and authenticity of an electronic document and guarantees the acceptance of the text it contains by proving that you are the person who affixed the signature. In addition, it ensures the integrity of the document, i.e. it certifies that the document has not been altered since it was signed. It also reinforces the durability of the document by ensuring that it remains valid for years to come.
Yes, it is possible to produce a lease and print it out to collect handwritten signatures. The lease should be printed in color and on legal paper size (8½ x 14).
Yes, an email is sent following a tenant’s signature and an email is sent when all tenants have signed.
There is no time limit for the tenant(s) and endorser(s) to sign their part of the lease.
If the signatures are late in being returned to you, we advise you to follow up and contact the missing signatories directly.
If necessary, you can send them a copy of the lease to be signed by email.
Do you want to print a copy of your lease, but want to verify or change the printing size? Nothing could be simpler.
Click the “Print” button once your lease is signed by all parties if it is an electronic lease. If you have chosen the paper signature method, you can directly print a version as soon as the lease is generated.
Once you have clicked on the “Print” button, you will be able to choose the format you want and many other settings.
We would like to remind you that the official lease format is the legal format (8½ x 14).
On Apple devices (Mac, Ipad and Iphone), when you click “Print”, it will download a copy of the lease. Go to the folder where you downloaded it and print it in the desired format.
Before printing, consider looking at the preview to get an idea of the result.